Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November is National Scholarship Month

A really good Fastweb Article 
about National Scholarship Month


I was over at one of my favorite scholarship search sites, Fastweb, today, and I noticed a great article there with this title (National Scholarship Month...) written by Mark Kantrowitz. In this article, Kantrowitz gives an overview of what a scholarship is, and what kinds of scholarships are available.

The reason that November was chosen to be the National Scholarship month was because it is the beginning of the main scholarship time, Kantrowitz explains. He also says that many different kinds of scholarships are available today, even unusual ones such as "duck calling or knitting with wool." Unfortunately, I am not proficient at those skills, but maybe a reader out there is!

I found this article because I recently learned that the websites Fastweb (which has long been one of my favorites) and another site, FinAid.org, are connected. So now I totally recommend both sites. Not only are they free, but they feature many articles, such as this one, that I like. They also have sections for students, parents, and educators, as well asother information that college scholarship and grant seekers need, like how to volunteer, how to find internships and jobs, and tons of other information too.

You can read the rest of the article I just read here: November is National Scholarship Month. Thanks, Mr. Kantrowitz, for a great article. I like it because it is upbeat and inspirational, and not too long or boring either.

Explore these sites further:
The FinAid Site
The FastWeb Site
The article: November is National Scholarship Month

Later! And good luck with your scholarship and grant search.

Betsyanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...