Sunday, October 21, 2012

Do I want a scholarship? I would love to GIVE one...

My Scholarship Dreams!
Photo from Villás Galéria és Aukciósház on Wikimedia Commons.













I would love to be able to offer my OWN scholarship to people maybe going back to school or needing some support with that. But until I win the lottery I can't. Darn.

But I do have a Nontraditional Student site, blog, and Yahoo group, and help older students who may be thinking of going back to school, or are already in school.

So this site (the Find Scholarships and Grants blog) helps them, too.

What kind of scholarship would I pick to give away?

I guess either an Art or English scholarship would appeal to me personally. I know that every little bit of money helps, so maybe I will work on getting a grant to do this someday. It is worth looking into!

I could look at people's writing or art portfolios, and select someone with both talent and stick-to-itive-ness.

But for the time being, I write about many different kinds of scholarships here. I hope these links are helpful.

I think people probably have applied with the links here. But so far, I have not applied for any.

Why not?  I guess I think that if I DO win one, then I will need to come up with the REST of the money, then go back to school right away. And I am not sure NOW is the time.

Besides, I can learn a lot just doing my writing (in blogs, for instance) or finishing up some ebooks, AND making some art.There is a lot available on the internet to help, plus in books from the library or from my favorite bookstore in Nashville, McKay's Books.

Are you also thinking of applying for a scholarship? Just search for what kind you are looking for on the pages below OR in this blog. And good luck!

Betsyanne

Check my Nontrads Scholarship pages:
Scholarships Links and Tips Page One
Scholarships Links and Tips Page Two

And here are some popular postings here at the Find Scholarships and Grants site:

Don't Get Ripped Off Trying to Find a Scholarship

Unusual, Odd, Wacky, and Unknown Scholarships

and
Scholarships, Grants and More for Native Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...